We are a growing solar power company based in Nairobi that is a renewable energy solution provider. Our vision is to provide sustainable energy solutions to commercial, industrial entities as well as residential developments thereby contributing positively to sustainable development in both rural and urban areas. We are looking to hire a Projects Engineer to join our team.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our project development and execution process for a Projects Engineer, initially working across both design and project management. The successful candidate will be an active member of an expanding engineering team that supports project development and execution.
The candidate must have proven technical skills and some leadership experience to allow future growth as the company capacity grows. The candidate will be expected longer term to grow into team leader posision, responsible for engineering resources, including staff development and mentoring.
- Develop solar project objectives
- Collaborate with the Senior Engineers to develop efficient methods and practices
- Develop specifications for all required tools and equipment
- Maintain, develop and framework monitor project metrics
- Manage collected project data
- Formulate realistic parameters for each project
- Documentation of project progress
- Allocation of responsibilities
- Control of compliance with time and budget requirements
- Drawing up specifications
- Reviewing proposals
- Creating drawings – used in design and installation of Solar PV systems.
Requirements & Qualifications :
- Minimum BSc Engineering Degree (Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Accreditation by NITA in line with the EPRA (formerly ERC) Solar PV Licensing Regulations will be an added advantage
- Experience from solar PV business is a high advantage, but other technical/electrical experience combined with a hunger to learn solar energy is also acceptable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills due to a high level of client interfacing and staff development
- Desire to learn and act as a technical lead with high ability to share and distribute knowledge.