Miale Solar Inventions Ltd. is a company based in Nairobi, Kenya. Our vision is to provide renewable energy solutions to commercial, industrial entities as well as residential developments thereby contributing positively to sustainable development.
We are looking for a Solar Technician to join our growing team.
We’re looking for a solar technician to assemble, install, maintain and repair solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. May include bolting structural framing, data logging and installation of solar modules.
- Install photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified
- Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system overcurrent devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment
- Determine appropriate locations for operations or installations
- Select construction materials
- Demonstrate system functionality and performance, including start-up, shut-down, normal operation, and emergency or bypass operations
- Activate photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations.
- Perform tests
- Troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Maintain installed solar panels as needed.
- Meet with clients to discuss their needs for a solar energy system
- Explain the installation and maintenance process and follow up with them to ensure that their system works properly.
Requirements & Qualifications :
- Kenya Certificate Secondary Education (or equivalent), Diploma in Electrical and/or Electronics or BSc Electrical Engineering or relevant degree or Higher National Diploma
- ST4 or ST3 Solar PV Technician License, preferably ST4. Accreditation by NITA in line with the EPRA (formerly ERC) Solar PV Licensing Regulations will be an added advantage.
- 3 or more Years’ knowledge and experience with technical solar services.
- Experience in installation and configuration of inverters.
- Experience carrying out solar site surveys, installations and technical support for Off Grid Solar PV, Solar Grid Tie and Power Back up systems.
- Customer relationship management.
- Sales experience is an added advantage.
- Experience in performing repair works.
- Problem solving skills
- Team Player.
- Good communication skills.