We are a growing solar power company based in Nairobi that is a renewable energy solution provider. Our vision is to provide sustainable energy solutions to commercial, industrial entities as well as residential developments thereby contributing positively to sustainable development in both rural and urban areas.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our project leads and project development process. We are hiring a Business Development Manager to take over a mix of existing accounts and new sales territory.
The successful candidate will be an active member of an expanding team that supports project development and execution.
To excel in this role, the candidate should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads as well as proven business and some leadership experience to allow future growth as the company capacity grows. The candidate will be expected in the longer term to grow into a team leader, responsible for business resources, including staff development and mentoring.
- Identifying sales leads within solar energy, pitching products and services to new clients and maintaining a good working relationship with new contacts.
- Turn prospective leads into long-term client relationships.
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations.
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients.
- Attending meetings and industry events.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
Requirements & Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- 3 years of experience working in B2B industry in Business Development in Renewable Energy related sector preferably in PV
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a similar role in a different sector.
- Highly aggressive
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks